Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Why I didn't Comment on your Blog Post Today


 I didn't comment on your blog today. It's not that I found your blog post uninteresting and unworthy of consideration. It's not that I didn't have something to say to you about it.

It's because when I came to write my comment, I found you had the word verification step enabled. Which is a great trial to those of us with less-than-perfect vision. As is the alternative audio verification which tends towards the inaudible.

I may have tried, and failed, and given up. Or I may have saved myself the trouble and just given up in advance.

I used to like word verification, back when word verification words were less distorted and I could read them. I even collected interesting word verification words in a notebook. But technology marches on, and word verification words are now too unreadable for me.

My blogs don't have the word verification step. Instead, my blog posts are monitored. Some are monitored only after a certain number of days have passed since the post was made. On one--- a blog on a sensitive topic--- all posts are monitored.

I am not inundated by blog spam. In fact, I rarely have any. When I do, it is on older posts, and caught by the monitoring of older blog posts.

I'm sorry, blogger, that I wasn't able to comment on your blog post today. But since I could not, I at least thought I would let you know why.

Please feel free to share this blog post around--- with a link back to this blog, please.
Please consider 'liking' us on Facebook.
http://www.facebook.com/NissaAnnakindt

2 comments:

  1. I wonder who writes those things we can't read in word verification. Or do they blur them on purpose. They annoy a lot of people.

    I have approved comments, since I've had a troll visit on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not getting after any blog in particular, and I've noticed a lot of people have dropped the word verification step when it started getting so blurry. I just feel bad when I visit a blog with few/no comments and I can't fight my way through the word verification and I get lazy and quit.

    ReplyDelete

Please visit my other blog at http://myantimatterlife.com for my most current content. This blog is mostly an archive--- though visitors are welcome.

May the Lord bless and keep all the folks who stop by this blog.