Thursday, March 1, 2012

New Poem: crucifix hero

he gets condemned a lot
and
sometimes
i flee


but then
he forgives




he gets scourged a lot
and
sometimes
he bleeds


but then
he loves




he gets nailed a lot
and
sometimes
he dies


but then
he rises

(c) Mar 1, 2012 Nissa Annakindt

I wrote the first draft of this in connection with some poetry prompts I was giving in another blog post.  I liked it well enough to expand it and declare it a real poem rather than just an example.


This poem was linked at Poets United 89th Poetry Pantry.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely done. I am participating in the Lenten Haiku Journey of Cloacked Monk. And I love it. Writing haiku (I am a haiku poet) on my way to Easter, to the Resurrection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like this
    a different spin of words
    to describe Him

    excellent

    ReplyDelete

Please visit my other blog at http://myantimatterlife.com for my most current content. This blog is mostly an archive--- though visitors are welcome.

May the Lord bless and keep all the folks who stop by this blog.