Thursday, March 8, 2012

Naming a Character? Visit this Blog!

This is to announce a relaunch and refocus of my old Korean Names blog. It's now Writers Guide to Korean and Global Names.

So far what I have gotten done is that I took down all the old posts--- not very many--- which were topics like 'Korean Male Names beginning with J'--- and replaced them with three new posts. One for Korean female names, one for Korean male names, and one for Korean family names.

These three new posts were a cut-and-paste job of some files on my computer to which I've been transferring my Korean names lists. These posts will be updated as the files are added to.

I've also put in a list of word verification words, for those who collect and use such things. I'm also going to be adding names from other ethnic groups, starting with Quechua.

Posts planned for the near future will be ones on Roman names, Esperanto names, Frisian names and Low German names.

Since it takes a long time to prepare these posts, I'm also using the blog as a place to post info on the most current Korean soap operas I'm watching on KBS America. This is relevant because Korean soap operas are where I get names from.

I'm hoping the revamped blog will be useful to writers who are naming characters. Check it out and see what you think.

Writers Guide to Korean and Global Names

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my other blog at http://myantimatterlife.com for my most current content. This blog is mostly an archive--- though visitors are welcome.

May the Lord bless and keep all the folks who stop by this blog.