Thursday, March 1, 2012

Blogger's New Word Verification Ruins it All for Everyone

I love Blogger's old word verification words. I even collected them in a notebook for use in writing--- when I need an alien name or word, I pick one from the notebook either as a temporary substitute for the final-version name/word, or sometimes as the permanent solution.

But I always hated the Captcha WV system. Besides the fact that they were often ordinary words--- useless for my purpose--- there was the fact that they were too distorted for me to read. With Captcha WV, I had to enter the words 2 to 3 times before I got it right.

Now Blogger has scrapped their old system for Captcha. And so I have had to eliminate the word verification step on this blog out of respect for my reader(s).

This led to quite a bit of commercial comment spam. So I've had to disallow anonymous comments. I don't like to do this as I use the anonymous comment thing myself. Not that I want to be anonymous. But under 'anonymous' there is the name/URL option. I use that when I am reading poetry blogs, and want the blogger to find my poetry blog and not my sci-fi/writing blog or my Esperanto blog or my low-carb diet blog.....

I do still like Blogger the best. I've tried many other free blogging platforms and Blogger does a lot of things and makes it easy to do them. So what if Blogger is owned by a mega-successful business and thus is the tool of the progressives' version of Antichrist?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my other blog at http://myantimatterlife.com for my most current content. This blog is mostly an archive--- though visitors are welcome.

May the Lord bless and keep all the folks who stop by this blog.