Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The 300-Blog Follow Limit on Blogger

Did you know that on Blogger, you are only allowed to 'follow' 300 blogs? You can have lots more blogs than that following yours, but you can only follow them back until you hit 300.

But there is a loophole, according to Carole's Chatter Blog Tips: You go to the blog in question, and if they have a Blogger 'Follow' widget, sign up there and it will not be held against you.

Of course, this only works for Blogger blogs, and ones that happen to have the widget displayed.

This is too bad. There are two ways I follow blogs--- one is through Facebook, when one of my Facebook friends or a Facebook page I like posts their blog posts on Facebook, often through Networked Blogs. The other is the blogs I follow through Blogger, displayed on my Blogger dashboard.

I have tried using NetworkedBlogs to follow blogs, but frankly, I just don't check in at NetworkedBlogs unless one of the blogs I myself has there needs a change in the syndication or something.

I am now syndicating this blog to my new Facebook page, Lina Lamont Fan Club by Nissa Annakindt. So if you go there and 'like' this page, you will be able to follow the posts of this blog through your Facebook. I also share Doctor Who-related posts, and of course cat pictures like the mama cat and kittens above. (The mama cat is Chachamaru, the same cat that's on the cover of my poetry book.)

I have been reading a book I downloaded by James Scott Bell, 'Self-Publishing Attack!', which gives, among other things, some very good tips for writers who want to use blogging and social media to build up a following and, in time, sell books. These things are recommended even before you are ready to publish your book!

I am inspired by this to create a plan of action for my blogging/social media life as well as for my writing. I am hoping to write to this blog more faithfully, to visit the blogs I follow more regularly and comment there, and in time build up my following base to greater numbers.

Have you been inspired anytime lately to do things to improve your blogging or social media life? What did you do? How did it work out?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my other blog at http://myantimatterlife.com for my most current content. This blog is mostly an archive--- though visitors are welcome.

May the Lord bless and keep all the folks who stop by this blog.