Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Giving my Main Character a Sex Change

Doing outlining on my WIP and decided to change one of my main characters from a Korean-American male to a Korean-American female. The character, Taemin Lee, would have looked like the actor pictured above (star of the Korean drama Bridal Mask).

In either case, the character in this contemporary fantasy is a student of magecraft (high magic), and if successful in becoming a mage will have to be celibate. (Because celibacy is cool. Just think of Tarma in Mercedes Lackey's Vows and Honor series.)

First thing I had to do was find a female Korean name to replace 'Taemin'. I hoped for something with the first element 'Tae' but found I had none in my names collection. I did find that there was a female character 'Namju' in the same Korean drama that I found the name 'Taemin' in, so I took that. Namju Lee. Well, if she went to Korea she'd be Lee Namju.

Namju is going to be the serious, logical one of the team. Still looks a bit like the actor in the picture, only more feminine. A tiny bit more feminine.

Her partner, Inae, is an Irish-American werecat. When she transforms into her cat form, she's a ginger-colored cat. Other times, she's a red-haired girl. NOT like Amy Pond, Inae is more pixie-ish. Maybe because of the pointed ears. And the tail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my other blog at http://myantimatterlife.com for my most current content. This blog is mostly an archive--- though visitors are welcome.

May the Lord bless and keep all the folks who stop by this blog.