Friday, June 27, 2008

My Free Tor Ebook --- and How You Can Get One

In a previous post I mentioned that Tor books is offering free ebooks to those who sign up on their web site.

My free ebook for the week arrived today--- Battlestar Galactica by Jeffrey A. Carver. It's available in PDF, HTML, and Mobi format. They also gave a link to the previous week's book, In the Midnight Hour by Patti O'Shea. Next week's book will be Flash by L. E. Modesitt, Jr.

I read my ebooks on a Palm Zire 72 PDA, but others read them on Smartphones, iPhones and other devices, or on their home computer. Most of us already have Adobe Acrobat Reader, to let you read a PDF format ebook. You can get free Mobipocket software from the Mobipocket web site.

Why would a book company give away free ebooks? It's good for business. Visit the Baen Free Library to read their reasoning for their free ebook program, and to download some of their many free sci-fi and fantasy ebooks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my other blog at http://myantimatterlife.com for my most current content. This blog is mostly an archive--- though visitors are welcome.

May the Lord bless and keep all the folks who stop by this blog.