Sunday, July 22, 2012

Weird Feelings about Boy Scouts upholding ban on homosexual leaders

Boy Scouts of America uphold ban on homosexual leaders | LifeSiteNews.com

In a statement issued July 17 the Boy Scouts of America (BSA) reaffirmed its longstanding policy of protecting youth by not allowing homosexuals to serve as leaders, and confirmed that the decision is final.
“After careful consideration of a resolution asking the Boy Scouts of America to reconsider its longstanding membership standards policy, today the organization affirmed its current policy, stating that it remains in the best interest of Scouting and that there will be no further action taken on the resolution,” said the organization.
The BSA policy on homosexuality states that the organization does not grant membership to those “who are open homosexuals or who would engage in a behavior that would distract from the mission of the Boy Scouts.” Please read the rest of the article at the link above.
 It's a victory, isn't it? The Boy Scouts' decision makes the Boy Scouts safe for kids from the kind of family that send their kids into the Boy Scouts--- conservative, often Christian, and supporters of traditional marriage and moral values.

On the other hand, it's kind of harsh to people trying to deal with their same-sex attraction in a Christian/chaste way. There is nothing more humiliating to be told, 'please stay away from the children'.  I've never had this happen to me in a face-to-face way, but I've feared it from the moment I realized my own same-sex attraction.

When I was a liberal it was way easier to deal with that fear. Anyone who didn't want me around their kids was a hater, pure and simple, and no one cares about the opinions of a hater.

But now that I'm back to reality I know it is in fact the people I most respect, the people most worth of respect, that are backing the Boy Scout policy. I even agree for some of the reasons for it. If the Boy Scouts were to give up their policy in the case of chaste and Christian homosexuals, might it not be impossible for them to then say no to potential scout leaders who only want involvement in scouting in order to promote a gay activist agenda?

What the gay activists seem to want is to convert all involved in Scouts to their cause. What they would get is a replacement of the current Scouts with a handful of liberal kids who'll stay in just long enough so they can say they helped change the Scouts away from being a 'hater' organization. The current Scouts will probably substitute involvement in church-based youth activity, since it will take the leftists far longer to impose a gay activist agenda on all the churches.

But, as I've said, while I uphold the protection of Boy Scouts from the Gay agenda 100%, I feel weird knowing I myself am a persona-non-grata in the scouting world because I'm honest about having same-sex attraction.

 I also worry about the kids in Boy Scouts. Some of them are gay and already know it. Gay kids, and kids who think they might be gay, are not forbidden to be scouts. But I just fear the whole controversy is not helping such kids deal with possibly being Gay in a way that's compatible with their values. Now, I'm not blaming the Boy Scouts in any way. It's more the fault of the gay activists trying to force their agenda on them. But it's still a tough life for some of us, sometimes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my other blog at http://myantimatterlife.com for my most current content. This blog is mostly an archive--- though visitors are welcome.

May the Lord bless and keep all the folks who stop by this blog.