Friday, December 13, 2013

Want Me to Read Your Blog? Join this Contest!

Saipan the cat
Join the 'Obsession' Blogroll Contest


The wise blogger likes to read blogs, comment on them, follow them, and from time to time share their content with their own blog readers, in the hope that other bloggers will return the favor. I try to do this regularly, and have a very big blogroll of blogs I follow that I sometimes read or comment upon.

But this is kind of a scattergun approach. I'll comment on a blog once and then not get back to that particular blog for months. So I thought I'd start a new blogroll, my 'obsession' blogroll, filled with a very few blogs that I try to read very frequently, as well as commenting and sharing.

Three blogs will be picked from the group of blogs that are well-visited and much commented, such as the blogs by Mike Duran, Karina Fabian or Rebecca Luella Miller.


For the other blogs, I thought I'd throw it open to nomination, and pick a few blogs that share an interest or two with this one. I'm mostly interested in writing or book blogs, preferring those by authors of 'clean' fiction. I am a Christian (Catholic) and I enjoy work by writers that are Christian (Catholic, Evangelical, LDS, Protestant...) or at least by writers who are Christian-friendly or try to be. I like science fiction and fantasy, but I like other genres as well--- mystery, gothic romance, Amish romance, rural fiction and westerns are current 'likes'. And I am simpatico to writers who are 'different' and who even feel like outcasts--- perhaps because I have an autism spectrum disorder, plus I have same-sex attraction and am a conservative Catholic.

If you would like your blog to be read by me and be included in the 'obsession' blogroll, please comment in the comments section and describe your blog and tell a little bit about yourself. There will be between 3 and 6 winners this first time out, depending on how many people comment. The blogs chosen will remain in the 'obsession' blogroll for at least 2 months.

In time, I will rotate those blogs into the 'big' blogroll and perhaps run another contest for another group of blogs to 'obsess' over.

Anyway, if you think your blog might be a good fit with this contest--- or even if you are afraid it won't--- make a comment telling about your blog (don't forget to include your blog link.) And may the odds be ever in your favor.... ;)

Kitty picture notes: the cat Saipan is a year-old female cat who likes to jump into my bathtub. So one day I turned on the water. She watched, fascinated, until she realized that she was getting pretty wet.

Facebook Group: Christian Women Fiction Writers:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/572042192867903/
My Facebook writing page:
http://www.facebook.com/NissaAnnakindt

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please visit my other blog at http://myantimatterlife.com for my most current content. This blog is mostly an archive--- though visitors are welcome.

May the Lord bless and keep all the folks who stop by this blog.