Sunday, December 2, 2012

Baby Faces Blogfest

Writing Off the Edge blog is participating in the Baby Faces Blogfest, and in case you want to go and do likewise, here are the rules.

1. Between Dec. 2nd and 3rd, post a picture of yourself as a baby, and/or
2. Tell us a story about when you were a baby. (No doubt you can't quite remember it yourself, but you've probably heard some stories from other members of your family.

It's hosted by Trisha at WORD +STUFF blog. Go and sign up if you don't believe me!

Here is my contribution:

When I was a baby, I made my mom miss her sister's wedding. You see, when my mom knew I was on the way, she had her sister delay the wedding until Oct. 4th to ensure I would have already arrived.

She did not expect that I would be a procrastinator right from the start. She had to miss the wedding because she was otherwise engaged in having me. I was born at 5 am on the 5th of October (and haven't got up that early since.)

I have also heard that the original delay to my aunt's wedding caused my cousin to be born early--- less than nine months after his parents' wedding. But that's another story.

In the interests of national security, I'm not posting my baby picture. So here is a gratuitous kitten picture.



9 comments:

  1. Babies are born when they want to be, and there isn't much that can be done about it. One of my friends was born when his mom was in college. Her water broke in the middle of a final exam. That must have been awkward.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, 5am is NOT something I do either. I was born at 6:30pm or so, but that was in the UK, so I guess it was sometime in the morning over here in Aus. ;)

    Thanks so much for participating in my blogfest! And gratuitous kitty pictures aren't necessarily gratuitous, they're necessary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the gratuitous kitty picture and enjoyed your story.

    Will Mom's never learn? Kids are going to do what they want when they want ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor kitty!
    Love your story, especially the bit about your cousin :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you in the Witness Protection Program? That would be exciting. The kitty in sweater is a nice substitute. Wish I'd thought of it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ROTFL, LOVE that punchline about your cousin's early appearance! ;-)
    Some Dark Romantic

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm with you. Early mornings are for birds and worms.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was born in the afternoon and STILL get up at that time...oh, yeah, I wish. I'm not a morning person, though.

    Shannon at The Warrior Muse

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am required to state that I am NOT in the Witness Protection Program. No way, never, nohow! I'd say more about that but now I have to run out and go to confession. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please visit my other blog at http://myantimatterlife.com for my most current content. This blog is mostly an archive--- though visitors are welcome.

May the Lord bless and keep all the folks who stop by this blog.