Thursday, December 16, 2010

Being Human on SyFy--- It's Not the Same

As it turns out, the Being Human show being promoed on SyFy is not the same series as the BBC Being Human. For info on the SyFy show, here are two links:
SyFy: Being Human
Wikipedia: Being Human (US TV series)

I don't know how I feel about this. Can you imagine a British version of Star Trek, or an American version of Doctor Who? It would be hard for me to adjust to either one. But I guess I can give this new show a chance. It's scheduled to begin on Jan. 17, 2011 in the US.

For those wanting to see the proper Being Human series from the BBC, it's available on DVD (Being Human: Season Two) or as 'video on demand' --- downloads of episodes (Being Human, Episode 1)

Shirt-tail relatives of this blog post:
BBC's Being Human
AA for Vampires in BBC's Being Human


Retweet, reddit or facebook-share this post and win a valuable prize!
Well, actually it's a kitten. And she's so wild you'll have to come here and catch her yourself.


2 comments:

  1. Oh, how strange. Why would they do that?

    I still think I'll wait and see the original when it's on NetFlix.

    American Doctor Who. LOL

    I might watch a British Star Trek, though. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a BBC plot to promote their BBC America channel. If Being Human SyFy is a hit, then the fans of that show may tune in to BBC America to see the original.

    ReplyDelete

Please visit my other blog at http://myantimatterlife.com for my most current content. This blog is mostly an archive--- though visitors are welcome.

May the Lord bless and keep all the folks who stop by this blog.