Thursday, August 20, 2009

Write a book along with Holly Lisle

Author Holly Lisle, whose web site is a treasure trove for the writer or would-be writer, has a new feature 'Write a book with me'.

She shares a little about the progress of her current book, and those participating share their word-counts and issues with one another in the form of comments to her blog entries. To view the latest post, here is the 'Write a book with me category'.

I'm considering whether to play along, myself. So far sharing about my works in progress has been more embarrassing than encouraging--- not because of what people say or don't say, but because I just look back at what I wrote about with intense shame. (My internal editor is Adolf Hitler.) But I have just started a fantasy story, one about an orphan whose new legal guardian is an evil mage, and who finds an interesting solution to that dilemma which leads to only more trouble.

I'd really like to hear from anyone who is or might be participating in Holly Lisle's 'Write a book with me' project. Drop me a comment!




1 comment:

  1. Sounds interesting. I haven't been to Holly Lisle's site yet, so I haven't seen what they're writing on, but I do know all about that internal editor. Groan. It's the one that makes me go back for seven, eight or more edits on certain chapters.

    But that's what it takes to be a serious writer, I think. The willingness to edit. To go back and polish plot, sentence structure and wording, to never quite be certain it's right until it's in print.

    I was told just two weeks ago that the beginning of my third book isn't strong enough--you can imagine how that news alarmed me. Oh well. Plenty of time to fix it yet. Books one and two are still waiting for a publisher.

    ReplyDelete

Please visit my other blog at http://myantimatterlife.com for my most current content. This blog is mostly an archive--- though visitors are welcome.

May the Lord bless and keep all the folks who stop by this blog.